Today

The Little Princes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

My First Earthquake ...

--- PART 1: 1150 hrs ---

I was sitting in my cubie doing some work when all of a sudden I felt "giddy". Felt like I was on a boat or something. After that I looked around and saw a couple of puzzled faces. Asked my neighbour and he said he felt it too. There was a fish tank behind me and at one point it was so bad that the water was almost spilling out of it. Some of the lights were swaying too. We were only on the 8th floor, wonder how much difference it would be in a much taller building.

Since it was almost lunch time, all of us evacuated the building. Quickly took the car out of the basement car park and went somewhere far away for lunch. :-)

Anyway, back in the office and think it should be safe now.

--- PART 2: 1350 hrs ---

Just felt an aftershock, people wanted to "evacuate" but most of us decided to stay since it only lasted for a few seconds. :-)

0 comments: