Today

The Little Princes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 06, 2007

36 Hours

This has got to be the longest travel time in my life. It took me 36 hours from boarding the plane to stepping into my hotel room in Baltimore! The journey summarised:

1. Singapore - Frankfurt (12 hours)
2. Frankfurt transit (2 hours)
3. Frankfurt - New York JFK (8 hours)
4. New York JFK Airport - Newark Airport (3 hours by "bone shaking" bus including waiting time)
5. Newark Airport (7 hours waiting for domestic flight)
6. Newark Airport - Baltimore Airport (2.5 hours including flight delay waiting on tarmac)
7. Baltimore Airport - Hotel (1.5 hours including bus, renting car, getting lost and reaching hotel)

In summary, I left on Sat night (Singapore time) and reached the hotel on Monday afternoon (Singapore time). In Wifey's own words, "I sleep 2 times you also haven't reach there!".

What's worse is Murphy showed up just as I reached Baltimore. My Nokia decided not to work, it can't be turned on after the plane landed. After swapping to my spare PDA phone, I don't get a signal. I think my Nokia killed my SIM card! :-(

So, no calls and SMS this week. Only Skype and Internet in the evening. BTW, Internet is also not cheap, USD9.95 per day.

0 comments: