Today

The Little Princes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Logistics

The back order for my Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 EX DC Macro was finally fulfilled. The item was shipped from the US a few days ago. The courier service is UPS.

The detail in the package tracking ability of logistics companies nowadays is amazing because you know exactly the progress and how far away the package is from its destination (Well, almost, and it would be really cool if they can somehow track your package via GPS in future). Anyway, as the package makes its way around the world, the updates you see everytime you refresh that tracking page adds to the feeling of anticipation.

Here is what I have this morning. Seems like the package has already arrived in Singapore ...

2 comments:

Cel said...

that is the only thing that make you work OT i guess... heheh...

KooshKing said...

I called up UPS at 5+ pm and they said it is coming, so I told them I can only wait till 7pm.

At 7pm, I saw this status updated for my package on their website:

"At the request of Lee David, please be advised that delivery of the following shipment has been rescheduled."

"THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE".

!@#$% ... since when did I ask for rescheduling? Cannot deliver in time say the customer reschedule, waste my time doing OT man!