Today

The Little Princes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Age 35

The birthday messages started coming in on my mobile this morning. Thanks! Another year older, what does it mean?

Well, the average life expectancy of the Singaporean male born today is 77.4. However, those born in 1971 should (statistically) have a lower figure. Based on this chart, the figure seems to be somewhere below the 60 mark! But optimistically, if I use 77.4, (Hah, who am I kidding!) it means I have only used up 45.21% of my "quota". It's still less than half way through so I guess this calls for a celebration.

Anyway, this reminds me of a debate we (a couple of colleages) had a few days ago in the car on the way to lunch. The basic conclusion was to live each day to the fullest (Of course, with moderation so that you can do it for many more days). Why? Because statistics are based on averages, and you never really know when your time is up.

So its off Tony Roma's for tonite! General_

With all this talk about living life each day to the fullest, KC if you are reading this, we are still waiting for your Blog ...

2 comments:

I, Cactus said...

David,
Cut the fat!!! (even though you are not at the 50% mark yet)

and keep some ribs for us

KooshKing said...

Thanks for the advice.

Oh and sorry, the carnivore ate them all ...