Today

The Little Princes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 30, 2006

Dad's Trip to Down Under

Other than his honeymoon with Mum to Hong Kong way back sometime in the late 1960s, my Dad has not gone for an overseas trip (Malaysia not included) to anywhere else. So I thought it would be easy to convince him to go for a trip since he very much deserved it after all these years. Well, not what I had expected ...

I had accumulated miles on my frequent flyer account and they are going to expire end of the year. Was initially thinking of sending him to visit my cousin in the UK but now is not a good time (i.e. Winter). So decided to get him on a trip to Melbourne to visit my youngest brother, Danny.

It actually took a few phone calls + lunch + lots of saliva before he was finally convinced. Basically he did not want to go as he didn't want to impose on Danny and was afraid that he would be "neglected" once he was there. But as things turned out, Danny was currently in between jobs and welcomed the visit. I told him to plan the itinerary + provide the accomodation while I settled the travel arrangements.

I only just finished redeeming the ticket and applying the Australian "visa" (a.k.a. ETA). Now our job is to make sure he knows how to get on/off the plane next week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And to eat Popeye's Chicken at the Airport!

I, Cactus said...

Kooshie,
Don't forget ur dear friends who are in need of a trip to Europe/US/Japan/Korea/faraway.

We need ur miles too :D

KooshKing said...

I have 18000+ miles left after the redemption, dunno where u can go with so little miles.