Today

The Little Princes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Overdue Vacation

Wifey has been to Paris twice so far for work. She is about to go there again next month before CNY. (3 trips in less than 8 months!) I think I should not waste this opportunity as this is probably the last trip she will make, so I decided to tag along. The last real overseas vacation that I had was over two years ago in the West Coast of USA, so I guess this is a well deserved break.

Usually, before I go for such a trip I will feel a bit guilty of not being around when work has to be done in the office. But this time I think things are in pretty good hands so its not so bad. Anyway, work can never be finished, there's always plenty of things to do.

I am going to join Wifey sometime in the middle of her trip, which means that I will some free time for myself to prepare before I leave. Although the trip will be a short one, I have not fully planned for it yet. I only managed to find out how to get from the airport to the hotel. Will need to find out the places to visit.

BTW, I am also going to be freezing my ass of in France cos its winter time now, so need to get more thick clothing to wear. Looks like the weather in Europe this year is quite cold. Temperature in France will probably be in the single digits (Celsius), going into negative territory at night. Hopefully most of the attractions will still be open.

2 comments:

I, Cactus said...

Not sure how long is your trip but don't plan too many things.

Just go with your feel and explore the place. Though i think the romantic part of Paris is overhyped, i like the golden lights and heartbeat of the whole place at night.

Enjoy at a leisure pace.

KooshKing said...

Its a short one week thing. I will be solo for 2 days as Wifey has to work.

Will take your advice but dunno how the weather is going to affect my "pace" at this time of the year. Its going to be cold but I'll be ready. :-P