Today

The Little Princes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wedding Rehearsal

I waited in the car outside the church listening to my favourite tunes for half an hour. It was dark and the couple were late. I hope this would not be the case on the actual day. Although it was my first time meeting the bride, the groom (my friend) didn't even introduce us to each other. Eventually, I had to do it myself ... :-(

Anyway, its been a while since I have been inside a church. The rehearsal was pretty simple, considering the number of roles I had to play. I'm officially the witness, best man, "brother", ring bearer (aka Lord of the Rings) and also driver. For the church part, all I had to do was to make sure I am there, the rings don't get lost and deliver them to the priest when he calls for it. Oh yeah, I also have to go up and put my signature in their "Marriage Register". Not sure if it is the same thing as the ROM Marriage Certificate. If it is, it will be the second time my signature is appearing on someone's MC.

They both appear to be pretty stressed cos of the number of tasks to do and to remember. I asked them about the traditional Chinese stuff like ang pao for opening of car door, and if any "gifts" were required on that day (e.g. Oranges, Roast Pig/Pork etc.) ... and their answers were 2 blank stares and "er, I dunno leh". Wah Piangz!

Guess its good in a way, as I assume that their parents are letting them decide on how to run the whole show.

1 comments:

KooshKing said...

I totally agree. But I guess I was expecting a "yes, we are doing it" or a "no, we are not" kind of answer, rather then "I dunno leh" ...