Today

The Little Princes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, February 09, 2007

Paris - Day 2

The day started off very early. Went for breakfast with Wifey and her colleagues. After that, we set off together at 0845, they went to work and I went walking again!

First stop, Musee du Louvre. As I was early, it wasn't very crowded. No need to queue for tickets or entry. Spent at least 3 hours non-stop walking through the huge museum and I think I only covered 70%!

Lunch at the Louvre was as usual, touristically expensive. Think my cold cous cous and orange drink cost me 9 euros ...

After that, I had only time to take a walk to the Notre Dame before returning to the hotel to plan/book for day trips for the next day. The Notre Dame was most impressive on the outside, and even more so on the inside ...

Back at the hotel, I had wanted to book for a day trip to the Mont St Michel Abbey on an island. However, I think the tour was very popular so its already full. In the end, Wifey and I finally decided on a tour to the Loir Valley just before we went out for dinner, this time with her colleagues at a nearby Bistro.

By now, I had clocked a total of almost 12 hours of walking time, and my legs feel like they are going to drop off any moment!

0 comments: