Today

The Little Princes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Move Out!

We had a super early start today. Amazingly, my biological clock was spot on, waking me up at about 20 seconds before both my alarms (mobile phone and watch) rang at 0400 hrs! 30 minutes was all it took to get ready to MOVE OUT. General_

Its been a long while since I have seen Singapore so early in the morning. The early morning air was fresh. Along the way, both sides of the PIE were peaceful and quiet HDB estates and industrial parks.

The smartly folded uniform, beret and sound of the Land Rover's diesel engine brought back memories of the past 16 years of National Service when we had to move out early for Exercises. Yes, it has been THAT long! Having said that, it feels different now, somehow, maybe because this time it is NOT an exercise. Maybe also this is probably the LAST time that I will be experiencing life as an active NSman. This time its not ROD nor ORD. For us we will be looking forward to going into MR!

As the Land Rover chugged along at snail's pace towards our deployment area, I feel proud to be playing a part in preserving this wonderful and peaceful environment.

1 comments:

I, Cactus said...

Being the emotional me, i think i'd probably cry on this last Deployment.

Now i know why gals can't really be in Defense forces. We will all be crying instead of fighting.