Today

The Little Princes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 04, 2006

To learn or not to learn?

I was asked to attend a presentation to some VIPs at the main office today in case any of them asked any technical questions or need more info on some of the demos/systems we have deployed. As usual, these VIPs are mostly non-technical and no technical questions were asked. Our bosses just want to make sure all bases our covered ... General_

Anyway, to most people would consider this an utterly waste of time. I used to as well. However, the meeting today was hosted by none other than our parent group President (SMM). I think a lot can be learnt from just sitting there listening to his conversation with the VIPs. Hmm, "high level" marketing has its own set of techniques as well. Also learnt plenty about other stuff done by the other business units.

I guess every event is itself a learning opportunity. Its just a matter of whether we want to switch-on or put on our learning hats ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you. All I got from him was a lesson on how to handle reporters and how to give speeches.

I, Cactus said...

I agree that lots can be learnt from Him. I like the way he doesn't waste time on big word theories. Just straight to the point.

Any meeting with him around, should attend.