Today

The Little Princes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Blepharospasm

Have you ever had this irritating eyelid twitching thingy happen to you? Well, it happened to me (my right eye). And it happened for the whole day! It also didn't help that I had to sit through a super long meeting lasting almost 5 hours with lunch in between.

Blepharospasm - literally meaning "eyelid twitch", but also defined as "spasmodic winking". What the heck is "spasmodic winking"??? Sounds like a term used solely for serious case CKPs or DOMs...

Luckily the solution is simple, less stress and more sleep. I need more of those. Another blogger calls it "myokymia", translated literally as "eye tremors". There are also some old wives tales which try to give meaning to the twitch. Found one such site HERE. Check out what a right eye twitch could mean. :-P

BTW, it is still twitching away as I am typing this entry. Feel like giving myself a black eye now. Hope it goes away by tomorrow.

Glossary:
CKP - Chee Ko Pek
DOM - Dirty Old Man/Men

2 comments:

I, Cactus said...

Hey..did the old wives tales' prediction of right eye twitch came true last night? :p

From a medical pt of view, there's sthg wrong with the brain such that it's giving neural messages to the eye muscles to move. That's what we learnt in class.

Anonymous said...

This is why I religiously do study my inner eyelid every weekend.