Today

The Little Princes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Love Story in Harvard, er, I mean ... Sentosa

Picture this:

Singaporean guy, Korean girl, tying the knot @ a lovely candle-lit wedding on the lawn by Siloso Beach at Rasa Sentosa.

The guy is my cousin-in-law (is there such a relation?). Sounds romantic? Yes, well, it could have been.

There were a hundred or more guests at the beachside dinner buffet. Unfortunately, there were quite a few older folk who were invited too, and Siloso Beach was not exactly the most accessible dinner venue. There was quite a walk from the hotel lobby to the beachside, and the shuttle buses from the mainland weren't exactly very elderly friendly. Mumbled complaints aplenty.

The setting at the beachside dinner was almost perfect. However, I think they forgot to put lights on the table where the food were placed. As a result, many were seen peering at the smoked salmon, trying to figure out what that dark mass was. Most of the time, I can't really confirm what kind of food was on my plate until it went into my mouth.

As for the food, well, I've tasted better. I give it 2.5 out of 5 stars.

All in all, it was a pretty unique experience. Kudos to the 3-piece live "band" who not only had to play throughout the dinner, but who also had to also compete with the din coming from the nearby OCBC beach party event about 50 metres away.

Oh yes, the dinner also came with a complimentary 10 minute workout before and after the meal. I probably burnt off a couple of calories walking up and down a steep slope to the nearest car parking area.

1 comments:

I, Cactus said...

I think weddings in Sentosa are super inconvenient.

Thank goodness none of my friends attempted to get married there.