Today

The Little Princes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Back in France

Bonjour! Just when I thought that my previous trip to France was my last, I am back in Paris again. This time on business, and putting up in a hotel in Versailles as it is nearer to the customer's office.

Anyway, the flight to Paris was pretty comfortable via AF but I would have preferred SQ. I was also unlucky as I broke my glasses during the flight...

I was sitting next to a burly man, which afterwards I found out to be Mike, a 52 year old welder from New Zealand who is currently working in Australia. He seems to be pretty nervous about flying, especially taking off and landing. Throughout the whole flight, he could not sleep and was always playing with the end of his seat belt. Also, he had to go to the loo every half a hour or so. Because I was in the ailse seat, I had to get up everytime he went. Because I hung my specs on the front seat, I found my specs bent out of shape after a few of his trips to the loo. When trying to bend them back, they broke, and my contact lenses were in the luggage!

It was a challenge after that, trying to go through customs and collect my baggage without any glasses. Basically, I followed Mike all the way to the baggage collection. Once I got my bag, I immediately put on my lenses. Phew, I can see again!

The train ride from CDG to Versailles was pretty straightforward with the RER because I was here a few months ago. Anyway, my hotel in Versailles is just outside the Chateau De Versailles, only 2 mins walk from the RER station. Its a nice hotel with pretty small rooms. Its (160 Euros) because it is just outside a major tourist attraction. Think I wouldn't be able to claim the full hotel rate, will have top up from my allowance.

The weather is pretty dismal today, cold, gloomy with showers. Not exactly nice weather to visit the Chateau. Think I will hang around the room for a while before going for some lunch later. Nice LCD TV with EuroSport channel showing motorsports to keep me company. Internet is also available but not cheap. Bought 3 hours of Orange Wireless Internet access for 10 Euros.

Hotel Sofitel Courtyard Hotel Sofitel Room Hotel Sofitel Room Hotel Sofitel Room Hotel Sofitel Room Hotel Sofitel Room

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be quite used to Paris by now. How long are you staying for?

KooshKing said...

Yes, pretty much. Will be staying till Friday latest.

I, Cactus said...

Bro...actually u were staring at the AF stewardess until the specs cracked right ? :p

KooshKing said...

Yo, AF air stewerdesses CMI, would rather stare at SQ stewerdesses anyday.