Today

The Little Princes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Knock On The Door

Last Sunday, as we were steaming fish for dinner, I thought I heard some faint knocking on the door. So I went outside to check through the peephole. Sure enough there was someone outside, but it didn't look like the regular newspaper money collection woman.

I opened the door and there was this maid standing there sobbing. She told me that she wanted to make a phone call home because she wants to talk to her family. She also told me that her employers were "no good" because they didn't allow her to use the phone. She she only could write letters home. (FYI, the family from next door only just moved in a week or two ago ...)

After checking and confirming that she is the maid from next door, I told her that I cannot allow her to use my phone for overseas calls, and advised her to use the public phone downstairs to do so. Alternatively, she can check with the Management Office or Guard Room if the phone can be used. So after that, she left.

Told wifey about it after she left and we could still see her through the window in our yard, standing and clinging on to the grilles in the living room, looking seemingly depressed ... scary! Apparently her employers were not at home at the time.

I don't think I was wrong in not letting her use the phone. What if I did and next time whenever she felt like calling home she would come over? Anyway, don't want to get involved in someone else's affairs. What would you have done?

0 comments: